Selling for Non-Sales Staff
A Consultative Approach to Winning More Business
This programme is designed to enable client facing staff to feel more confident and competent in winning new business.
This could be either discretionary work packages which are not subject to a formal tendering process or will help to place the company in a position of strength and influence when a tender process starts.
As a result of this development programme, participants will:
- Be more confident about having sales oriented conversations
- Become aware of how problems can become opportunities in terms of increased business
- Understand how to use their expertise to gain information and insight to the clients’ needs
- Gain an insight to how to discuss and present services in terms of benefits to the client
- Develop a pragmatic plan of their client network to identify who the decision makers are and their preferred style of interaction / communication
The programme is designed to be interactive and will debunk some of the misconceptions about sales and selling with the aim to change the delegates attitude towards selling.
A consultative approach will be taught that concentrates on improving listening and questioning skills to identify areas of pain and who has the power to address the pain.
The consultative approach extends into managing the relationship with the client and defining what the pain means to the client in terms of cost, effort or lost opportunities.
Having identified the pain and justified a cost to address the pain the delegates will learn how to advocate a solution to the pain and help the client to buy the solution proposed.